IBS Pro - Probiotic Capsules
Trust the science. Healthy+living starts here.
Why Healthcare Professionals Recommend Us
Years of Research
20 years in the business - our priority is to harness our expertise to benefit all of our consumers.
Bio-K+ has been published and proven in randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials
Our bacteria belong to us, you will not find them in any product other than Bio-K+.
Bio-K+'s formula is unique. The same efficacy can't be achieved with generics or other brands.
What is IBS-D?
IBS-D stands for diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome. It is a misunderstood health condition within the medical community. With 25% of patients admitting that IBS-D stops them from enjoying life fully, this condition poses serious challenges for those who suffer from it. Symptoms include diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, gas and bloating.
The impact on quality of life is immeasurable: unpredictable interference with daily life, limited sexual activity and loss of productivity. It is estimated that 18% of Canadians live with this condition and 58% of them are seeking solutions to improve their quality of life, but their options are limited and the results are often ineffective.
How it works
Early research suggests that the gut microbiota of those with IBS is different from those without the condition; however, research has yet to establish a “fingerprint” of the IBS microbiota. Knowing this, it is reasonable to expect that the trillions of microbes that live in the gut are an important root cause of IBS symptoms.
Bio-K+ IBS Control positively alters the microbiotic composition by increasing the population of beneficial bacteria, which can help regulate bowel movement, digestion and assimilation resulting in reduced abdominal pain, improved bowel frequency and stool consistency and overall better quality of life.
Targeted release capsules
This technology ensures bacteria pass through the stomach safely, delivering maximum benefits to the intestines—where it counts.
Once ingested, the capsule travels safely through the stomach.
Bacteria are released from the capsule once it reaches the intestines, the main site of action.
Bacteria are reactivated and ready to reach their full potential throughout the digestive tract.
Our Unique Process
Prepare to Meet
Our three bacterial strains are added to a dairy or vegan base.
Our bacteria ferment & multiply inside every single bottle.
Live & active bacteria ready to work for you from the very first sip!
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about Probiotics
Where can I find Bio-K+ products?
Our products are available in most drugstores, grocery stores and health food stores.
We have established a new partnership for a suitable and rapid solution to help you obtain products that measure up to the quality we promise. We invite you to visit our website and browse for our enhanced store locator page.
You can also try the home delivery experience with Instacart, the world's largest online grocery service!
You can always get in touch with Bio-K+ Team if you need help finding a
product in store, we are always happy to help!
Original Capsules (shelf stable) do not require refrigeration, can they be shipped?
We are 100% probiotic and it is fundamental for Bio-K + to deliver a
100% positive and satisfying customer experience.
We are currently exploring different options for making certain products
available on online store platforms.
What criteria are used to determine a probiotic’s effectiveness?
Here are some useful tips on how to identify an effective probiotic:
1. Identifiable high quality strains: On all Bio-K+ product, you will find the strains used in the product clearly identified on the packaging. For our Original and PRO lines, we have a patented formula which contains 3 strains: L. casei LBC80R, L. acidophilus CL1285 and L. rhamnosus CLR2.
2. Synergy between the strains: Bio-K+ Original and PRO lines contain our 3 patented strains that ferment together and have a great synergy.
3. Guaranteed bioactivity: The bacterial count of the Bio-K+ Original and PRO lines products is guaranteed until the expiration date.
4. Gastrointestinal survival: Bio-K + PRO Line capsules have an enteric coating that protects the bacteria from stomach acid. Our Original Line have a targeted release technology to protect them. The bacteria in our fermented drinkable probiotic is protected from stomach acid by its environment that is rich in nutrients as well as its capacity to survive in an acidic environment.
5. Clinical studies on the finished product: Efficacy and safety have been demonstrated by several published clinical studies for our products.
More Delicious & Functional Probiotics to Discover
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.