Photo credit: Laura G. Diaz
Fall is the peak pumpkin season! With its soft, sweet notes, pumpkin offers an array of possibilities for cooking. Introducing a chia pudding with pumpkin purée, enhanced with spices and the taste of Bio-K+'s Vanilla dairy-based drinkable probiotic. The whole thing is topped off with whipped coconut cream. And voilà - the perfect treat! Every bite is a sheer delight. It's the perfect energy-boosting snack, or the most delectable dessert to dazzle your guests and conclude a meal on a high note. A palate-pleasing pudding that not only satisfies but also provides us with all the benefits of Bio-K+ probiotics.
Long live probiotics!
It has been proven that several factors have a significant impact on the balance of the intestinal microbiota and, consequently, have a positive impact on immune health. A diet rich in a variety of plant-based foods is one such factor, as is the regular consumption of probiotics.
½ cup pumpkin purée
1 ¾ cups vanilla soy beverage
1 bottle of Bio-K+'s Vanilla dairy-based drinkable probiotic
3 tbsp. maple syrup
5 tbsp. black chia seeds
¼ tsp. ground cardamom
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
¼ tsp. ground turmeric
1 large pinch sea salt
Whipped coconut cream
400 ml coconut whipping cream (previously chilled)
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Chopped walnuts, to taste
THE PREP OF THE CHIA PUDDING
- In a large bowl, whisk together all pudding ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the texture resembles pudding.
THE PREP OF THE WHIPPED COCONUT CREAM
- In a large bowl, pour the can of coconut whipping cream (previously chilled). Add maple syrup and mix on low speed for about 2 minutes, or until peaks form. Set aside.
- Divide the chia pudding and whipped coconut cream between small glass jars.
- Garnish with walnuts. Serve and enjoy.