What are probiotics?
Probiotics are live bacteria that support intestinal and digestive health.
Your gut bacteria do more than just digest your meal. They act as a protective barrier that keeps foreign bodies out of your system. If there is a bacterial imbalance, your gut flora cannot protect you properly, leaving you more vulnerable.
Probiotics are made up of "healthy bacteria" that help promote a balanced microflora. A clinically proven probiotic supplement can help replenish these healthy bacteria to support digestive health, regulate gut bacteria balance, and lead to better overall health.
With 70 to 80% of all immune cells found in your gut microbiota, the health and integrity of your digestive system is vital. If there is a bacterial imbalance, your intestinal flora cannot properly protect you, leaving you more vulnerable.
When there's a bacterial imbalance, your intestinal flora can't protect you properly, leaving you vulnerable.
The beneficial bacteria that make up a healthy intestinal flora play three different roles:
- They act as a barrier, preventing foreign bodies from penetrating your system;
- They secrete beneficial vitamins and enzymes that help break down food, making it easier to absorb nutrients;
- They help increase the population of beneficial bacteria and maintain balance.
Taking a clinically proven probiotic helps keep your gut flora healthy and balanced.
Not all probiotics are created equal
It can often be difficult to know which probiotic will truly help you maintain your digestive health and provide the efficacy you are looking for. Are all probiotics the same, are all created equal?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) probiotics are: "Live microorganisms that, when administered in sufficient numbers, provide a health benefit to the host“. The following points from the WHO are important to keep in mind when choosing a probiotic for its health benefits:
The terms “live" and “sufficient quantity”
- - For bacteria to be considered “live”, their potency (CFU*) must be guaranteed until the expiration date.
- - According to the WHO, a probiotic must contain at least 10 billion bacteria to be effective.
Beneficial effect on human health
Is the chosen probiotic supported by scientific or clinical evidence that confirms its health benefits?
Beyond the definition provided by the WHO, the International Scientific Association for Probiotics and Prebiotics (ISAPP*) has identified 5 criteria that make a probiotic effective.
5 CRITERIA FOR SELECTING AN EFFECTIVE PROBIOTIC
1. Identified, high quality strains
Are the strains clearly identified on the packaging?
2. Synergy of the strains
Have the strains been clinically tested together in the finished product?
3. Guaranteed Bioactivity
Is the bacterial count guaranteed until the expiration date to ensure the effectiveness of the product?
4. Gastrointestinal Survival
Is there a delayed release technology to protect the freeze-dried bacteria to the site of action?
5. Clinical Studies
Are there clinical studies published in peer-reviewed journals that confirm the effectiveness of the product?
Why choose Bio-K+?
Our clinically proven formula is made up of our 3 unique, proprietary probiotic strains:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus CL1285®
- Lacticaseibacillus casei LBC80R®
- Lacticaseibacillus rhamnosus CLR2®
Each probiotic strain has been chosen for its synergistic action and efficacy. The strain is what allows you to identify the bacteria by its unique characteristics, traits and properties. These characteristics will tell you if a specific strain has beneficial effects on human health.
- We offer probiotic products that have been clinically proven to be beneficial and effective for intestinal and digestive health. The CFU count of all of our probiotics is guaranteed until the expiry date, so you can enjoy the full benefits of our products.
- Our Probiotics are all gluten-free. We also offer vegan, organic and non-GMO options to meet specific dietary needs and lifestyle preferences.
Years of Research
20 years in the business - our priority is to harness our expertise to benefit all of our consumers.
Bio-K+ has been published and proven in randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials.
Our bacteria belong to us, you will not find them in any product other than Bio-K+.
Bio-K+'s formula is unique. The same efficacy can't be achieved with generics or other brands.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.